Hello and welcome!
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I’m an educator in the upstate New York area. I’ve taught English for 28 years . . . all in MIDDLE SCHOOL! I love designing ELA teaching resources for busy teachers to use in their classrooms.
I’m also a wife, mom, and lover of nature, music, books, theater, and of course, my adorable Yorkie, Miles.
- I graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Master of Arts degree in English Literature.
- My teaching career began in beautiful Orlando, FL, where I taught 8th grade for seven years.
- Since 2000, I have taught both 7th and 8th grade.
My teaching passions:
- I am a huge Reading Workshop fan, and I’ve gathered over 850 quality young adult novels for my classroom library. I started it, along with my independent reading program, back in 1995!
- I’m just going to admit it: I love teaching fiction! A good story grabs the heart and we can teach so much from it.
- I enjoy teaching writing when I take students through the process one step at a time. It’s worth all the effort when I get to see their growth!
I look forward to sharing some teaching ideas with you!
Receive teaching tips and FREE resources by CLICKING HERE
Connect on PINTEREST
Connect on FACEBOOK